09-20-2019 08:01 AM
I just bought this printer (ENVY 5010) yesterday, but I can't get the HP smart app to work on my Macbook (macOS 10.14.6 Mojave). I've deleted the app (applications + library app support) and re-installed from 123.hp.com repeatedly, but the app keeps crashing on me after I agree to terms and conditions -- I always have to force quit it because it stays blank and the cursor turns into the rainbow beach ball. I checked my Mac, but the software is completely updated, so that isn't the problem either.
On my iPhone the app works perfectly, and I have been able to use all functions on the printer (scan etc) from my smartphone, but I need it to work on my macbook, too! Does anyone have a solution for this? Many thanks!
09-22-2019 08:58 AM
@applepen, Welcome to HP Support Community!
- Do you have internet security software installed? Please disable and test.
- Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results? Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by selecting the wireless icon on the printer display.
- What version of HP Smart App for Mac do you have installed? uninstall the existing one.
- Try downloading HP Smart for Mac from the App Store and configure the printer.
- Also, create a new user account and try installing the app.
- If the issue persists, repair the disk using Disk Utility.
Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee