Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to install HP Smart on my PC but I get the message 

Starting Download ... 58.02 MB

and nothing happens.

It is not already installed on this PC, but I installed it no bother on my laptop.

The OS is up to date as of today, a Win 10 Pro 64bit machine.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@bluespud

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that you are unable to install the HP smart app, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you getting an error while installing?

Try updating the windows and try installing the app.

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04675142 for using the HP Smart App and all the FAQs which will be useful for you.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

No,I do not get an error while installing the app, all looks okay, it just sits there, telling me:

Starting Download ... 58.02 MB

and nothing happens, and no error message.

Windows 10 is bang up to date, there are no outstanding updates.

Thanks, 

Michael. 

HP Recommended

@bluespud

Thanks for the reply,

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

Are you facing any issue in installing any other app?

I suggest you Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 using this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc... 

Then, try to download and install the HP Smart App.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

No issues with other apps.  The account I am using is an admin account.

Thanks,

Michael.

HP Recommended

@bluespud

Thanks for the reply,

To Clear Store Cache for Default Apps

1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog. 

2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

3. The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Restart the computer and try to install the HP Smart App.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I’m unable to install HP Smart or from HP support website for software & drivers. When I select my printer for wireless connection & click continue it doesn’t get connected. I added the device in Windows 10 Printers & scanners. When I tried to install HP Smart it has an exclamation point says system requirement not met. My windows 10 is up to date. Can’t figure out why it’s not installing 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.