Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i scan a document with HP Smart and then try to send it via mail, HP Smart uses the windows 10 mail app and not my standard mail app which is Thunderbird.  How can i change that in HP Smart.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please clarify your printer model.

From HP Scan, be sure to select PDF to Email, ensure the scan resolution is not higher than 300 PPI and the Show Preview option is shown, then click the plus sign below the scan preview to scan additional pages from the Flatbed, or any page loaded into the feeder (depends on your printer model capabilities) will be sent as a single PDF file.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You cannot change it when using HP Smart, it  only support modern apps as the app itself.

You may use HP Smart Tasks instead, which emails the scan through HP cloud servers:

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c06211157

You can also install the HP Basic or Full Feature software which allow scanning to mail applications such as Thunderbird.

Follow HP Easy Start and be sure to select the HP driver option, then select the Email shortcut from the HP Scan application:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPEasyStart_11_5_4644_17.exe

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi, it works now with thunderbird. But i can only mail 1 document at the time. When i scan 2 documents it creates 2 mails. With HP Smart i can scan more documents and then mail them, but not with thunderbird as i was mentioned before.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please clarify your printer model.

From HP Scan, be sure to select PDF to Email, ensure the scan resolution is not higher than 300 PPI and the Show Preview option is shown, then click the plus sign below the scan preview to scan additional pages from the Flatbed, or any page loaded into the feeder (depends on your printer model capabilities) will be sent as a single PDF file.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi, it works perfect. I can scan more then one document at the time and send them all as 1 pdf file via Thunderbird to a mail address. Many thanks again!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.