Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (111 Views)

HP Smart

Product Name: Envy 5640
Operating System: iOS
Hi, I have a 100 M fiber internet connection. Additionally, the apartment has an HP ENVY 5640 [HP45D207] printer that is only used for mobile printing on the iPhone 6. Iphone has the latest HP Smart app.
The printer is connected to a local wireless network.

Earlier on iOS 10, the HP Smart program worked smoothly.
Now after the IOS 11 update, HP Smart is looking for a long time to connect to the printer, and when the connection is found late, it no longer appears in the printer settings for Remote Printer: Printer Settings> Printer> Remote Printing (HP Eprint) and no advanced settings.
Also, HP Smart will no longer find all printer and network information (eg printer status).

When HP Smart is searching for a printer, the circle next to the printer icon turns around for about 15 seconds to find the printer and the defective printer settings.
Despite the prettiest set-ups, I can print with Air Print.

Poorly functioning HP Smart can get it right, but it requires everyday printer shutdown and restart. The HP Smart program will immediately find the printer and all printer settings will be displayed correctly.

The HP Smart app worked well with iOS 10, but iOS 11 started with these connectivity issues.
Yes, I have done everything in accordance with the general guidelines: New WIFI setup, reset the modem, checked the latest printer software update ...
But it does not seem to help to keep the HP Smart app's real settings.

Could you try to correct this change in the settings in iOS 11.02, iPhone 6 at the next HP Smart upgrade?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (82 Views)

Re: HP Smart

@5neitsyt

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5640 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the HP Smart app does not find the printer after updating to iOS 11.02. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. Not to worry, I'll do my best to assist you with this case. 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Restart the printer
    • This unblocks the port that becomes blocked due to the issue
    • Simplest approach, and may be best for customers with printers that are expected to be updated soon who don’t want to deal w/more complicated interim options below.

• MacOS: Setup the printer as AirPrint instead of Secure AirPrint.
    • Not recommended for printers in a public locations as encryption of the print job is removed.

You can try using the Wi-Fi direct feature on your printer to connect the printer directly to the iOS device. Connect your Apple iOS device directly to the printer with Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct as suggested below:

1. On the printer, make sure a solid blue light is on next to the Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct button  or an Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct  icon displays on the control panel.

2. Press the Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct button or navigate the control panel menu settings to find and touch Wi-Fi Direct/HP wireless direct.

3. On your Apple iOS device, tap Settings, and then tap Wi-Fi.

4. Under the Choose a network menu, select your printer. The printer name begins with DIRECT.

If prompted, type a password. The default password is 12345678.

Now, try the steps below to print:

1. In the app that you want to print from, tap the Action icon ( or ) to display the menu options.
  2. Tap Print. The Printer Options menu displays.
  3. On the Printer Options menu, tap Select Printer. A list of available printers on the network displays.
  4. Tap your HP ePrint printer in the drop-down menu. The Printer Options menu displays again and shows your selected printer.
  5. If you do not need to change print options, tap Print to send the print job to the HP printer.

Let me know how that goes!

Have a great day!

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (60 Views)

Thanks for the reply, normal scratching can be done with both settings, but every day I have to turn off the printer and iPhone to get the right settings, which also shows the Advanced and ePrint settings, these wider settings do not have to wait, but they appear immediately without waiting. However, I'm still trying to give you some instructions, thank you.
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (31 Views)

@5neitsyt

You're welcome. 

Please try to uninstall the HP Smart app and then reinstall it. 

Keep me posted. Cheers!

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation