Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 24-r131d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to run a HP Smatstream software in one of my PC but the software crashed as shown in pictures.

Normally the software run fine but suddenly this happen.

Reinstall and reboot didn't help.

Software work fine in other PC.

error.pngUntitled1.png

Software version 8.0.0.432 and 8.5.0.0

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The test flow that I set up looks like this:

In folder -> HP SmartStream Designer Imposition -> Out folder, with additional folders for logs and errors.

When dropping a pdf file in the In folder InDesign would start up and then crash sending the pdf and an xml-file to the logs folder. If you need to update driver I recommeded here https://www.hpedriver.com

Today I received an early access version of SmartStream v10.2.9 which has only been released to a limited number of customers and this version solved my problem. According to the information I received they are aiming for a general release in May.

Otnix.com
HP Recommended

Seeing no response from HP since yesterday, I took a bold approach and reset the computer. Reseting the PC will abandon all hope to roll back to previous version in case of something happen but that the risk i must took.

Fortunately after i reset and reinstall the HP SmartStream, the software doesn't crash after start up but I still doesn't know the root cause of system error and methods to prevent future same issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.