Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-R131d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to connect the HP Printer PageWide XL to the HP SmartStream software ver. 8.5 using cable LAN. After entering the IP network on  the software, after all the message popped up, the this message popped up.

SMARTSTREAM LICENSE FAILED.png

Ironically my license all work fine but this particular PC cannot detect the license.

license.png

If you need to know, i am part of 'external' HP printer testing team, my job included to troubleshoot when problem during testing happened and i still cannot figure out how to solve this one. My previous method is just to left this pc and unit for couple hours and hope for the best later or just switched to other computer but if most computers show this error then my job cannot proceed. 

Need help from HP's expert team on this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In my case none of my workstations I administer can use SmartStream 8.5. After I install it and try to set the printer to the HP PageWide XL 5000, I am presented with an error that no license can be found for that printer and then the printer is deleted. I've made sure the license server is running, and it is the latest version. My licenses are "Never Expires". The firmware on the printer has also been updated, but the issue persists. The only way around this is to downgrade to previous version 8.0. 

HP Recommended

I remembered this issue also occurred in version 8.0.0.432 but rarely. I will try your method to downgrade the version but for the best, it much better if HP's expert can solve this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.