Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Apple informs me that my MFP M277dw Color Laser Jet Pro will not work with the next update of the Mac OS (which will be 10.15). Does anyone know if and when the next printer software will be available?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) has just released some months ago, which the printer is supported on the latest OS.

Any information about future OS compatibility is yet unknown at this time, the OS is only expected to be released in the next winter.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Sorry, but this does not provide a useful answer. In fact, Apple has made it clear that 32-bit apps will not work in the next generation of the Mac OS. They have advised Mac users to contact app developers running 32-bit (which includes HP). What I, and any other Mac users, need to know is whether HP is aware of the change to 64-bit only apps and that they will be issuing a software update for all HP printers and devices currently running 32-bit only well before the next Mac OS update. If the change is made by HP only after the new OS is issued, my HP printer will be useless. While I do not know what "not unknown" means in the initial response below. The change to 64-bit from 32-bit is well known and plans need to be underway at HP now so new software can be issued soon. If HP reads these posts, the company needs to issue an offical response to all printer and device users.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thankyou for contacting us. 

We would like to inform that All HP Printer Software for Mojave(10.14) are 64bit compatible. Please find the screenshot of the System Information attached.

To understand the issue better could you please provide us the below information.

1- When exactly you received the error message.

2- Can you share the Screenshot of the error message.

3- A System report will help us better. Please follow the document link to generate system report(https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203001).

Thanks

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I get this message every time I try to access HP Director.  It is posted on my  first post along with my printer info.

Here is my systems report.  My MacOS version is in the subject line.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac19,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 9 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: 1037.60.50.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.46f12

Serial Number (system): C02YK2TQJV40

Hardware UUID: CCCF57F7-393D-5964-ACBA-494AF4247FB6

HP Recommended

@BPL1

HP Director is no longer supported by HP. It is outdated software. 

HP Color LaserJet CM1312 Multifunction Printer is not supported with macOS 10.15 Catalina. The printer driver for macOS 10.15 is not available from the HP Support site or Apple Software Update. This printer is not AirPrint compatible.

The only option is to upgrade the printer.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.