Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP computer with Windows 10.  I have a Photosmart C7280 Computer that is network installed and works fine.  Yesterday (Monday 12/19), when I opened HP solution Center as I usually do to scan, I got an error message saying that HP Solution Center Cannot run because device installation is incomplete.  I have uninstalled the printer and re-installed.  I have un-installed the Solution Center software and re-installed.  I still cannot get solution center to work.  I can scan by going directly to the scan exe.  I cannot use the scan feature on the scanner; I get a display "No scan options".  Very frustrating!  HP solution center was working last week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @JPW_JR,

Thanks for the reply!

Glad to know that the HP Scan and capture is working well.

The HP solution center is for older printer models and hence has a compatibility issue while running in Windows 10 environment. The issue might have been caused by recent updates on your computer. I would suggest you a workaround by changing the compatibility on the drivers. Follow the steps below (Check the fig below for ref):

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them. (Including the HP solution center)
  • Restart your computer.
  • Go to http://hp.care/2cUbV17 and download and save the full feature driver file (Do not run the file, just download and save it to your desktop or download folder)
  • Now go to the download location, right-click on the driver file and select “Properties”.
  • Under “Compatibility” tab, check the box which says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select “Windows 8” (In fig, I have selected Windows 7, but make sure you select Windows 8).
  • Also, select the box “Run this program as an administrator”.
  • Apply and save the settings.
  • Now double-click and run the program.

That should get the solution center working. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @JPW_JR – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you are having issues while scanning since the solution center is not getting installed. Solution center is an older software and hence may not be compatible with the new Windows 10 environment.

I would suggest you use HP Scan and Capture application to scan using your Windows 10 system. HP Scan and Capture is a simple application that captures photos or documents from an HP scanning device or your computer's built-in camera.  These images can be previewed, edited, saved, and shared to other applications as well.

Go to http://hp.care/2bUVkrw to download and install the Windows Scan and Capture app.

Let me know if that helps! Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am currently using the scan application for the purpose mentioned.  However, the HP Solution Center was working on my Windows 10 Computer up until Monday 12/19/16.  I do not know what might have happened to stop it from working.  The solution center has other functions beside the scan (i.e. - checking printer ink levels) that I like to use.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello @JPW_JR,

Thanks for the reply!

Glad to know that the HP Scan and capture is working well.

The HP solution center is for older printer models and hence has a compatibility issue while running in Windows 10 environment. The issue might have been caused by recent updates on your computer. I would suggest you a workaround by changing the compatibility on the drivers. Follow the steps below (Check the fig below for ref):

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them. (Including the HP solution center)
  • Restart your computer.
  • Go to http://hp.care/2cUbV17 and download and save the full feature driver file (Do not run the file, just download and save it to your desktop or download folder)
  • Now go to the download location, right-click on the driver file and select “Properties”.
  • Under “Compatibility” tab, check the box which says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select “Windows 8” (In fig, I have selected Windows 7, but make sure you select Windows 8).
  • Also, select the box “Run this program as an administrator”.
  • Apply and save the settings.
  • Now double-click and run the program.

That should get the solution center working. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

That solution worked!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

similar but different - HP 7780 and 7600 office jet all in one on a 802.11g net (192.168.0.1)

AS best as I can tell, each configuration of Win 10 on the following four systems is identical.

Windows 10 on HP Envy All in one, solutions center works as deigned with all features of solutions center (scan, print, tools) functional

Windows 10 on HP tablet, solutions center works as designed with all features of solution center (scan, print tools) functional

Windows 10 on HP laptop, solution center works as designed with all features of solutions center (scan, print, tools) functional

Windows 10 MS surface, initialized via laplink from HP laptop above and SOLUTION CENTER has NEVER worked.  Scan Doctor sees both printers, shows both printers as not installed (getting to not installed status is no picnic involving Control Panel and printer queues and Printer drivers  and Devices and Printers AFTER accomplishing an HP UNINSTALL).  The current full driver software, OJ_AIO_L7X00_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe downloaded from HP and configured as specified in this thread (compatibility set to Win 8 and run as Admin) results IN NO PRINTERS FOUND when ADD DEVICE option is chosen from the software install panel.

Confusing is Scan doctor sees the printers and can read serial numbers of the devices but add device doesn't present the device to permit it to be added. 

In no instance either using the software or using the IP of the printer with advanced search  (the 7780 is Wifi with a fixed IP of 192.168.0.7, the 7600 is ethernet attached and dynamic IP, currently initiallized to 192.168.0.8) will cause the software to 'find' the printer.

Every possible combination of restart of printers, restart of Surface and run of Scan Doc and L7x00_full_win installation has been tired without success.

Most intersting is I can go to windows printers and devices, find and load the print drivers and successfully print, but Soltuions Center WILL state the devices are not installed and the software install WILL NOT find the devices to install the needed drivers.

when I want to scan, I physically get up, walk over to the All in one, scan which saves on local disk, the walk back to the surface and admin share into the HP all in one get the scan and send in an email (most often).

What a PIA.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.