Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium C 309 G
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Plots kon ik niet meer scannen, printen zonder problemen. Wat ik ook deed het lukte niet, solution center verwijderd en terug geïnstalleerd hielp niets. Van pure ellende de laptop terug naar fabrieksinstellingen gebracht en het solution center geïnstalleerd. Alles werkt maar het solution center is  geïnstalleerd in het Engels en wat ik ook doe de taal blijft Engels. Nu krijg ik waarschuwingen dat de taal van printer en software niet dezelfde zijn.

Kan er iemand mij helpen aub?

Suddenly I could not scan, print without problems. Whatever I did it did not succeed, Solution Center uninstalled and installed back did not help anything. Of sheer misery the laptop brought back to factory settings and installed the solution Center. Everything works but the solution Center is installed in English and what I also do the language remains English. Now I get warnings that the language of printer and software are not the same.
Can anybody help me please?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Robert_1957

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

When you install the software, you will get an option to choose your language.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hallo,
Dank u voor de hulp bij mijn probleem.
Ik heb uitgevoerd wat u hebt voorgesteld maar dit was niet de oplossing.
Ik gebruik windows 10 home met alle updates. Soms kon ik uw voorstellen niet terug vinden omdat u termen gebruikt van windows xp maar ik heb gezocht en gevonden.
Ik heb de driver gedownload via de link die u mij gaf maar kon nergens de taal instellen. Het was dezelfde driver als degene die ik eerder gedownload heb.
Voor ik begon met uw oplossing kon ik printen en scannen, nu kan ik nog alleen printen. Ik krijg nu een foutmelding: “The HP imaging divice not found”. Ik ben eigenlijk een stap achteruit gegaan.
Wat ging er fout, of wat heb ik fout gedaan?
Met vriendelijke groeten

Hello
Thank you for the help with my problem.
I have performed what you have suggested but this was not the solution.
I am using Windows 10 Home with all the updates. Sometimes I couldn't find your proposals back because you used terms from windows xp but I searched and found.
I downloaded the driver from the link you gave me but could not set the language anywhere. It was the same driver as the one I downloaded earlier.
Before I started with your solution I could print and scan, now I can only print it. I get an error message now: "The HP imaging Device not found". I have actually gone a step backwards.
What went wrong, or what have I done wrong?
Kind regards

HP Recommended

@Robert_1957

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues. 

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor

Also, you can try using the HP Smart App for Windows. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10) for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hallo,
Dank u voor de hulp.
Ik heb de print en scan dokter gedownload en het programma gestart.
Op scannen oplossen geklikt
Het programma gaf een fout aan bij de controle van het stuurprogramma. Communicatie tussen het scanstuurprogramma en het product is niet mogelijk.
Laptop en printer opnieuw opgestart en print en scan dokter opgestart maar het resultaat was hetzelfde.
Op overslaan geklikt en de testen gingen verder tot voorpaneel testen. Hier kreeg ik een foutmelding probleem met de scaninstellingen. Oplossing, open solution center, ga naar instellingen, scaninstellingen maar toen kreeg ik de melding HP imaging device not found en verder ging het niet. Hier kreeg ik de raad laptop opnieuw opstarten, printer uitzetten en 60 sec van de stroom halen. Uitgevoerd maar niets heeft geholpen.
Heeft u nog meer goede raad voor mij?
Laptop Acer A517-51-32PZ gekocht 30 08 2018
Windows versie 1903 Build 18362.356
Met vriendelijke groeten

Hello
Thank you for the help.
I downloaded the print and scan doctor and started the program.
Click Troubleshoot scan
The program gave an error when checking the driver. Communication between the scan driver and the product is not possible.
Laptop and printer rebooted and print and scan doctor booted but the result was the same.
Clicked Skip and the tests proceeded to test front panel. Here I got an error message problem with the scan settings. Solution, open Solution Center, go to Settings, scan settings But then I got the message HP imaging device not found and it did not go. Here I got the board laptop reboot, printer turn off and 60 sec of power pick up. Performed but nothing has helped.
Do you have any more good advice for me?
Laptop Acer A517-51-32PZ cooked 30 08 2018
Windows version 1903 Build 18,362,356
Kind regards

HP Recommended

@Robert_1957

Try adding a TCP/IP port.

1. Print a Network Configuration Report from the Printer Settings or Wireless menu.
  2. Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab and then click Add Port.
  3. Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
  4. Follow the instructions to add a new port using the information listed on the Network Configuration Report.
  5. Try printing.

Also, assign manual IP to the printer-

The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello
I have no problems with printing or scanning.
Yesterday I had a problem with the driver after running to have what you suggested. I uninstalled the driver the way you suggested and installed it back and now it works properly.
My problem is that the driver is installed in English and not in Dutch.
I got from you a download link from the driver where I could choose the language but I don't find anything to choose the language anywhere. The driver you suggested is in the same place as I usually download the driver.
Can you give me a driver where I can choose the language?
Kind regards

HP Recommended

@Robert_1957

Appreciate all your efforts!

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for further assistance. 

Click here: www.hp.com/contacthp

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.