Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I was able to succesffuly install my HP 1400 series all-in-one printer with my Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium PC.

However, I can not operate the scanning function or configure scanning features  of the printer, since I do not have the HP Solution Center software installled on my Windows 7Home Premum PC.

That is the HP support link for me to download tand install the HP Solution Center

on my Windows 7 Home Premum PC?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

-Warren-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Follow the steps below, and let me know what happens?

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
  2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
  3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

Note: Go to HP Customer Care, and then enter your printer model. Download the full feature software and driver, and then follow the remaining steps below. If your product doesn’t have the uninstall_l4 then please let me know what printer you have and the operating system you are running.

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4 (.bat or .exe)

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know if you are able to successfully install the software and driver, and are able to print & scan?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
HP Recommended

Hi Warren,

I assume you simply plugged the printer without preinstalling any software. Please correct me otherwise.

Please remove the existing device as following:

1. Unplug the USB from the back of the printer.
  2. Enter Control Panel > Devices and printers
  3. Right click any 1400 printer icon, then click Remove Device.
    If there are several icons of your printer, repeat the same for any of them.
  4. Reboot your PC.
  5. Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

6. Left click once any presented printer (e.g. Fax), then click Print Server Properties on the Top bar.

7. Click the Driver tab.

8. If there is any 1400 listed, select it and click Remove.

9. Select to remove the 2nd option. Remove printer driver and printer driver Package.

Download and install the Full Feature Software for your printer (HP PSC 1400 Series) below:

*Make sure not to connect the USB till prompted to do so during the install.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30219/al-75052-1/AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hey Schomi,  Wish me a mazeltov.  I finally got my HP software loaded into my C7280 photosmart under Windows 7, 32 bit.

I lost track, but it could have been close to dozen unsucessful tries I made before finally succeeding.

I followed your initial advise removing the references to the C7280 in the device window.  I never did that before, but relied

on programs like the Revo Uninstaller to do what appeared to be the same thing.  I did the Revo in addition to your suggestions and it seemed to go deeper into the removal, like checking the registry.

This last time, I also removed auxiliary software like digital imaging.  I never thought that was important since I thought Solutions Center was part of the driver package.  I thought things were not going to work when during this install where you are asked to indicate which modules to load, there was the Solutions Center shown as already installed.  After removing just about everything related to this HP all in one, I was surprised to see this.  I went ahead with the install.  Usually, my install would hang up on the configuration (last stage of install), and then error out.  The Solutions Center would not run, saying the install was incomplete.  This time, it went all the way through, except for the fax install, which the install ran separately at the end and then was able to finish this part.

I think the biggest contributing factor to success here was the uninstall of all HP software, like Photosmart Essentials, etc.,

as that seemed to have the most effect.  I could be wrong.  It could all have been a coincidence that it finally worked.  Aside

from that little extra initial step you suggested, I have been doing the same proceedure every time.  Why the install refuses to

recognize that Solutions Center has been removed is really puzzling.  I think it is a bogus report and that it was reloaded

anyways.  Who knows?

Sherwin

HP Recommended

HI Shlomi,

First, your assumption was correct.

Second, I followed your presented procedure step-by-step, and it worked! 🙂

Now only was I able to print a good copy of the Windows Printer Test page,

but also, the new HP Solutions software was complete installed and configured,

which enabled me to use my scanner for my HP FSC 1401 series printer!

Thank you so much for your help!   Great job!   :generic:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one glitch, but not with the installation/configuration of my HP PSC 1401 series printer

or the HP Solution Center software, but with having to re-register my printer with HP! 😞

Although, the reigstration process was smooth, there was a glitch, in that I was

unable to enter "2005" for the actual year that I purchased the printer (on December 5, 2005).

So, I have to select "2006" from the year drop-down menu.

However, after I logged in to my HP account, I was able to delte the printer registration information

having the incorrect year for the date of sale, and leaving the correct HP PSC 1401 serices printer

line item having the correct purchase date (already in my HP.com account) in-place.

HP Recommended

Shlomi I need your help.

I have done everything you suggested regarding the removal and reinstallation of the Full Feature Software but after it loads it hangs up and won't finish "configuring product". Eventually a "Fatal error during installation" comes on and wants to unistall the software. I let it do it the first time but redid it and forced it to leave what was loaded alone.

I have a HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One. Last year I had the Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium version installed on my HP Pavilion. The Solution Center would not work for my 6210 because it wasn't at that time supported by HP for Windows 7. I figured out to change the compatibilty settings back to Vista (Pack2) and everything has worked fine for about a year. Recently HP must have updated the software for Windows 7 to support the 6210. Solution Center stopped working and I got an error message "parsing error in file C:\Program Files(x86)\Hp\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml".

I researched and tried to correct that by repairing msxml.msi, restore to an earlier time, and tried unsuccessfully to uninstall the 6210 software (it wouldn't let me do it and I had to force an uninstall).

I found your post and figured it should work for my problem. The Full Feature Software worked perfect for unistall and started loading fine. It did load the Shop for HP Supplies and HP Photosmart which work. The imaging, scanning, and printing from the HP Solution Center do not "because your device installation is not complete".

I'm even willing to buy a new Officejet but I am fearful that the software for the Solution Center will still be corrupted and not work with a new printer.

What can I do to correct ?

Thank you.

Phil

HP Recommended

I am currently having the same problem, my printer works fine, but cannot download HP Solution Center with Windows 7 and 64 bit system.

HP Recommended

This worked like a champ the first time thru.  Just follow the instructions exactly and it should be fine.  I was coming off an old (and I mean old) pc running xp to a new windows 7 machine.  Thanks Shlomi!!

HP Recommended

@WWarren76 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I was able to succesffuly install my HP 1400 series all-in-one printer with my Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium PC.

However, I can not operate the scanning function or configure scanning features  of the printer, since I do not have the HP Solution Center software installled on my Windows 7Home Premum PC.

That is the HP support link for me to download tand install the HP Solution Center

on my Windows 7 Home Premum PC?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

-Warren-

HP Recommended

HELP!!

I have a HP Officejet 4315 All in One. I have a new laptop (Win7-64Bit) and I cannot get the HP Solutions to work. On my old laptop I had Vista and it worked fine. What I am doing right now is going to printers and devices and scanning documents but it does not give me the option to scan to .pdf. I made several attempts to set up the Solution Center following some instructions I saw on the Forum and I got the Solution icon to finally show up but it says my device installation is still not complete. I am stuck.

HP Recommended

I went through all of the steps, except, when I removed the drivers in the second step I didn't remove the package.  And I was not able to go back and do it later as the printer was gone.  But I was able to download the solutions center but it says my device is not connected to my computer, but it is.  Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.