Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Randyco,

What fatal error code do you get?

Follow the steps in the document below.

A 'Fatal Error' (MSI error) Displays on the Computer During HP Software Installation in Windows

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Thanks pcwizard! Your email got me on the right track for resolving my fatal error during installation. HP Solutions Center is now up and running. For everyone else that is struggling with this problem, the steps listed above work. If you get a fatal error message,write down the code associated with it, and search for a solution on the HP website. Mine was a setting in Internet Explorer that needed to be changed. Once I worked thru the error message issue, the software installed with no problems on my Toshiba laptop running Windows 7.
HP Recommended

Hi Randyco,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Dear pcwizard:

Been experiencing the same problem on an HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909n your solution so brilliantly outlines.  However, upon reaching Step 11 Run the uninstall_L4 (.bat or .exe) the following result occurs:

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

******************************************* Executing Level4 CleanUP *****************************************************

This cleanup utility will remove the HP Image Zone software and the HP product drivers.  Use this utility to remove software if you have a problem using the software and would like to reinstall the software.

Use this LEVEL 4 cleanup if LEVEL 3 cleanup utility did not fix the problem and you continue to experience software problems with your HP All-in-One

LEVEL 4 is the most comprehensive cleanup level and will remove the HP propduct drivers, HP Image Zone software and all HP components installed with your HP All-in-One device

***************************************************************************************************************************************

If you chose to UNINSTALL.  Please do the following…

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your HP All-in-One device.
  2. After the cleanup finishes, restart your computer and wait for Windows to start
  3. Eject and re-insert the software CD that came with your HP All-in-One device to start the installation
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation
  5. Try printing a document to confirm functionality

THE ABOVE IS A DOS OS MESSAGE THAT APPEARS WITH THE FOLLOWING  WINDOWS 7 CCC_Uninstaller.exe ERROR MESSAGE upon attempting to run Uninstaller_L4:   X “ Windows cannot find ‘CCC_Uninstaller.exe’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Would you please provide a revised solution for this particular model to my email address [Personal Information Removed] as soon as possible.  I've spent the past five hours trying to solve this problem which was in response to a request to simply scan a picture so we could have it on file.  Frustration level is way up right now.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

robbsts2

HP Recommended

Hi robbsts2,

Follow the steps below to update the software to the latest version.

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).

3. Reboot computer

4. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-88604-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

5. Double click on the downloaded file. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Note: This is to fix the missing CCC_Uninstaller.exe file

6. Reboot computer, and then follow the steps in Step two.

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

4. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

5. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

6. Open folder Util

7. Open folder CCC

8. Run the uninstall_L4

9. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

10. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

11. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

12. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I have a Photosmart AIO B110a printer. All software is installed correctly and in the configuration screen, my printer is visible. However if I want to select it as my default printer, an error appears 0x00000709. Also in some applications i'm not able to print. In others i can. If I do a diagnostics, i'm told that the printer is working correctly although it doesn't. If i then do a troubleshoot, a message appears that the driver is not installed for this printer (but it is). Troubleshoot is not able to resolve the problem. search online solution can't offer a solution either.

Can anybody help? it really is an annoying problem and I have put in already many many hours of trying to solve this myself.

Thank you very much in advance.

André

HP Recommended

Hi, I have followed these steps, and countless other threads. However, Solution Center will not install.

It currently returns a runtime error, but I have run into most of the other errors listed on the forum.

The software ran intermitently for a couple of years and required regular reinstallations, but this time it refuses to work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I can remember and have followed several recommended solutions, all of which have failed.

Help would be welcome. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey Andre and 20131216,

So I take it then you have tried the suggestion just right above this one? For 20131216, runtime errors are associated with Windows installer. Make sure you have updated your computer (namely C++ and .frame network) meaning check for Windows Updates.

For Andre, have you tried just adding a printer from the Devices and Printers folder? Please go into more detail for me such as any specific error messages.

Keep me posted if your computer is up to date or not 20131216 as I have more experience with this than I care to mention.  Also, try creating a second user account after uninstalling your HP software, and then try installing it from the second user (control panel>>add user).

I hope this helps!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

For whatever reason, my scanner (PSC 1315) stopped responding to Start (top panel button). I only can scan via Devices and Printers, etc...

I did all you said and I still get the message "The system cannot find the find specified." right in the beginning of the installation process.

HP Recommended

So you're trying to install the printer and now it is not installing? How are you trying to install it (CD, add a printer from devices and printers folder, or download)?

HP Printer Install Wizard

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.