Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have worked on this problem since summer of last year.

Spent over a month, full-time on it last year, then par-time until now.

I have HP Solution Center working (by luck), but it is not working correctly.

It doesn't allow me to save scanned docs & pics correctly.

It doesn't allow me the selection to do 2-sided printing: it did when working correctly.

HP says the re-install the printer-driver...which is the problem in the first place.

My suggestion is to buy a new printer and forget about this problem/printer.

I purchased an HP 6520/6525 and it works well...but...it has a design flaw.

When you print text or pictures, every 9/16" going down the page it "prints" a white line

... in other words, the ink is missing.  I have tried 12 of these printers, from different stores

(Best Buy, Costco, Staples), and they all have the same problem, as do the demo printers in the stores.

The "HP Solution Center" software has a different name for this printer, is much more functional and works well.

I have posted this problem on HP's web page, talked with their hardware engineer, etc.

They don't really believe it is a problem and ask you to ship it to them to be "fixed".

The problem is that their level of acceptance testing of the software/hardware, is not good enough.

If this is a software problem (I believe that it is), they need to issue a new print-driver that corrects it.

if this is a hardware problem (I don't believe so), then they should discontinue the printer, release a good version,

and give folks who have bought a defective printer, a new free replacement.

DaleB

HP Recommended

I need help reconnecting my fax.  The printer is working though.

HP Recommended

Wrong forum but what model of printer do you have?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Where do I configure the Scan Options on an HP OfficeJet Pro L7500 printer?

When I select the Scan button I receive a "No Scan Options."

I have followed numerous website suggestions but still don't understand how/where to define the scan options to support my the All-in-One unit.  The hard drive on my PC was recently replaced and I know I was able to do this in the past.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank-you.

Kathy

HP Recommended
Hi:

I have not followed the history of your problem, but based on problems that I have experienced wih my HP printers over the years, here is what I would try/re-try.

The fact that your hard-drive was recently replaced hints to me that your printer driver suite (which would include a scanner driver) is not installed on your new hard-drive.
You may have a printer added to you home network, but just adding a printer does not install the scanner. You must run the installer "suite" your All-In-One. In other words,
You may need to re-install the All-In-One using HO's printer driver for your All-In-One.

When you click to scan, I would think that some type of Scan dialog box would open,
similar to how a Print dialog box opens when you select to print a document.
The Scan dialog box should allow you to set the dpi resolution (dots per inch),
select what area of the document that you wish to save, orientation / rotation of the
document, B & W or Color scan, etc.

If you are not getting any type of panel in which to select your scan options,
I would uninstall the printer then reinstall it using the latest printer driver for your printer.
The most recent version can be found on HP's web page. Go to hp.com, look for and I click on the Support link, then Downloads then Printer drivers. You'll have to enter the model of your printer so that it can get the correct driver for you. You may have to also select which Operating System that you are using: Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8. In order to select the correct driver , you need to make sure that you select 32-bit or 64-bit, based on the operating system that you are using. Click the button to download or install the driver.
I suggest that you download the driver to your Desktop, then double-click it (.exe file) to start the ins process. There may be a delay before you see anything on the screen to start the install process. Follow the install process using the preset (default) settings, those for the general user.

Once complete,you may have to reboot your computer.

Start the scan process to see if you can select settings, and then scan your document.

DaleBr

HP Recommended

Hi DaleBr ....

I'm sorry I was not clearer in my original description of my problem.

I am able to scan a single sheet of paper and store the image on my PC ... no problem here.

What I recall is the ability to scan numerous pages and have them added as 1 multi-page document on the PC - i.e. not 1 document for each page.

I believe I need the HP Support Center active to set this option up but can not find where the HP Support Center is and/or how to get it reinstalled.

If there is another solution to scan multiple pages to allow them to be placed together into 1 document?

I have already uninstalled the driver associated with my HP L7500 printer and reinstalled using the print driver located on the web selecting the correct OS 9MS Win7-64 bit).  I understand Scan properties needed to be set up separately from Print properties but can't find the WHERE.  Oh dear!!!  😞

I appreciate your prior recommendation and apologize for not being clearer as to what I can vs. what I can't do.

Thank-you.

Kathy

HP Recommended
Hi:

What are you doing to start the scan process ?
You have to be clicking on an icon or button .
Do you have an on-screen dialog box or are you pressing buttons on your printer to scan ?
If the latter, then you may need to change the scan settings on the printer via touch menus.

I don't know anything about your printer so I am guessing as to what you may need to do; but, when you click on an icon to scan I think that a dialog box should open from which you can select your scan options.

If not what do you click to scan, and what happens when you do.

Now, regarding saving all of the scanned pages as a single document , you should have a place to set the type of file output....it all depends on whether you are scanning a document or picture. Somewhere, this should be a required setting option when you select to scan.

I would suggest to save it as a PDF file. Then, when you double-click on it to open it, it should open in Adobe Reader (assuming that is installed) and you can view and print it ... in full, or just a few pages.

DaleBr

HP Recommended
Hi:

This may also be helpful to you,

If you go to hp.com and search for your L7500 ,
you should be able to find a link...possibly documents...from which you can download a soft copy of your L7500's User Manual.

That may have what you are looking for.

DaleBr

HP Recommended

Hi:

This may be useful, depending on how old you printer is.

You set the scan options using the HP Solution Center. To access the HP Solution Center, click the Start menu, and scroll to the program listing of shortcuts above the list of folders.

Click HP Solution Center and a dialog box should open allowing you the options to specify if you want to scan a document or picture.

After clicking your selection, follow the instructions to set your parameters to scan.

DsleBr

HP Recommended

This is what the problem is.  I do not have the HP Solution Center available and I believe I need to find the CD that was originally supplied when the printer is purchased to remake available this interface.  Have not received any real clear information as to how to reinstall the HP Solution Center.  Do you have any ideas?

Kathy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.