Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DELL Computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I'm trying to uninstall the HP printer software on my PC. I was able to uninstall all the HP program files except for the "HP Support Solutions Framework" program file. When I tried to uninstall it, I got the error message "Cannot uninstall because HP Support Assistant requires it." However, I had already uninstalled the HP Support Assistant program files and I had already rebooted the machine.  I've tried uninstalling the file boy using both the Windows uninstall program and  going directly to the HP program file and trying to delete the HP Support Solutions Framework program file. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, since I never heard form anyone, I tried reindtalling the HP Support Assistant and uninstalling it gagian. This time after doing this, I was ablet o uninstall the HP Support Solutions Framework.  It's really odd that the first time I uninstalled the HP Support Assistant,  after doing that I couldnt uninstall the HP Support Solutions Framework file. This time I was.  

NOt impressed at all with HP's community board.  Useless in my opinion.  Perhaps it works for others.  All I got was one response and that was someone trying to refer me to a scam/virus phone number.   It kinda bothers me that HP leaves it users open to these type people on thecommunity board.    The lack of HP support and the fact HP facilitates scammers to approach users on the commiunity board, makes me wonder if after roughly 20 years of using HP printers if I should look elsewhere. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can somone send me a legitimate HP phone # that I can call to resolve this issue? No one has provided a solution in this community and the phone # that was sent to me is not legitimate.   It has numbers and letters and when I did a Google search using the phone number and converted the S to a 5, apparently the phone number is used for scams. 

HP Recommended

Well, since I never heard form anyone, I tried reindtalling the HP Support Assistant and uninstalling it gagian. This time after doing this, I was ablet o uninstall the HP Support Solutions Framework.  It's really odd that the first time I uninstalled the HP Support Assistant,  after doing that I couldnt uninstall the HP Support Solutions Framework file. This time I was.  

NOt impressed at all with HP's community board.  Useless in my opinion.  Perhaps it works for others.  All I got was one response and that was someone trying to refer me to a scam/virus phone number.   It kinda bothers me that HP leaves it users open to these type people on thecommunity board.    The lack of HP support and the fact HP facilitates scammers to approach users on the commiunity board, makes me wonder if after roughly 20 years of using HP printers if I should look elsewhere. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.