Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP WidePage 777z

Dear all,

We are expiriencing a problem with printer HP WidePage 777z, to be exact with printing documents from job storage. 

When a document is choose to print from job storage the whole printer becomes unresponsive and only restart is solution. But restarting printer after every document is not really acceptable solution.

This is a network shared printer (for about 30 users) and it is not really functional without the  job storage.

Can you please tell me how to resolve this issue, or at least what could be the problem

Tehnical details: printer has the latest firmware (version: LIMOFWPP1N006.1921A.00, Date built 2019-05-24) and latest driver (HP PageWide Pro 772-777z PCL 6 ) with turn off job storage option.

There is an error in event log: Printhead lift motor stall.

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you turn off the job storage and send jobs does the printer function normally? If you are having a repeated lift motor stall that could be the reason that it locks up. Just to clarify, you state you want to use job option but at the end of your post you say job storage option off.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper, thank you very much for your reply! 🙂

I am sorry for the confusion: Yes, we want the job storage, but a funcional one. The printer funtions normally if the job storage is turn off, that is why I have mention that the job storage is turned off at the moment.

Can you, please, explain what "lift motor stall" means? That this mean the issue is hardware, and not software related?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.