Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (106 Views)

HP best printer soaftware for scanning and image cropping, manipulating...

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had an excellent HP all in one driver with image manipulation software but that only ran on windows XP. I tried the new software on windows 10, but it is not as powerful, for red eye fixes, cropping, size reduction, and other effects were good.

So which HP printer software is most powerful?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (91 Views)

Re: HP best printer soaftware for scanning and image cropping, manipulating...

@Novatian

I don't think HP has any images editing software. All software which come with HP printers are from different vendors. HP may buy them, I don't know.

Currently HP Photo Creations software from RocketLife is the main software which comes with new printers. You can download from the following link and install to your computer

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/photo-creations.html

You can use many basic tools to edit photos before print. You can also buy some advanced tools if you wish after paying few dollars (each).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (75 Views)

I will look again at photosolutions which seems to be what came with my HP printer anyway. But looking at the HP 250 it comes with software to convert scanned documents into editable text. My previous printer from 2004, had this, along with image rotate, red eye fix, sepia, convert to black and white, resize images even in batches, and some other features.

If you want feedback to HP  Rand D, I would like such software features, even ones that compete with Photoshop.

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (65 Views)

Scanning issues…

Please try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

For Windows:   ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Make searchable PDFs scans with this free scanning software - https://www.naps2.com/

Let us know.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Hint: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual or on your printers HP Support Page. Remember, Google is your friend.
Provost
Message 5 of 7 (52 Views)

@Novatian

1. >>>  But looking at the HP 250 it comes with software to convert scanned documents into editable text.

I don't know your printer therefore I can't tell there is OCR software to go with it. If it had, that's good for scanning, you can scan to editable text. Many cheaper printers do not have this software.

2.  >>> My previous printer from 2004, had this, along with image rotate, red eye fix, sepia, 

I did mentione from time to time, software for printers may change and old software won't come with new printers.

Hope this makes sense

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
Message 6 of 7 (46 Views)

It may help knowing which HP printer you have as different printers are provided with a different software...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 7 of 7 (19 Views)

mine is an HP Deskjet 3632

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation