05-21-2019 05:01 PM
Bought this printer new a month ago and the first time I need to print color, I cant get it to work. I installed a new driver from the HP site to be certain. What happens is in the printer window presets, color print is not an option, it only is showing black and white. I also ran the print cartridge cleaning routine to ensure that color ink comes out and it does.
05-22-2019 09:22 AM - edited 05-22-2019 09:22 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Installing the printer using the AirPrint drivers may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps:
Step 1: Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Step 2: Install the printer on your MAC using AirPrint drivers
Please ensure that the Mac is up to date with its software.
- Update software on Mac
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
- If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.
- Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
- Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
- Try to print.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee