Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp easy scan
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Using scan to computer on HP 8710 all in One printer, HP easy scan will not scan from flatbed with Mac OS Catalina, gives an error that no document loaded into the auto feeder.

It works fine on my laptop with Mac OS Sierra

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@vwcrzy

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in MacOS Catalina. Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06455960

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on the Public Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there any estimate when HP/Apple will have fixed HPEasy Scan to make it compatible with MacOS Catalina? .. it has been a while since MacOS Catalina came out...

Also, when using the "CHECK FOR UPDATES" function in HP Easy Scan it opens the Apple App store and refers to HP Easy Scan version 1.9.1 which is 2 years old...

cheers,

G

HP Recommended

@MrGH

As of now there are no updates when this issue will be sorted out.

We are still awaiting a response from Apple Team regarding the same

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

macOS 10.15.3 (released 1/28/2020) contains the fix for HP Easy Scan.  Once updated HP Easy Scan will be able to scan from the glass or the ADF as normal.

Scan to Computer is also fixed with 10.15.3.

I did notice that if the printer is in sleep mode, some times an error will be reported.  But if you wake the printer by inserting a page in the ADF or touching the screen you will be able to scan normally.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.