Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra 4720 All-in-One Printer series
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi,

I have problem to key in my postal code and I'm from Malaysia...

and if anyone knows how to turn off the printer color management on Mac.

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Azra88

Peace be unto you!

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you need help adding your postal code,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Where exactly are you getting the prompt to enter the postal code?

(Normally, there shouldn't be any such prompts for the HP Easy start)

Have you attempted to skip it?

Could you send a picture of the screenshot asking for the postal code? And Any error message?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If you are unable to install the printer driver/software due to the postal code error, try the steps mentioned below:

To install the HP driver through Apple Software Update, create a new print queue on the Mac.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? Your HP drivers automatically download and install through Apple Software Update, but if you want to manually download drivers, go to HP Printer Drivers for macOS and OS X Mavericks and later (in English) or HP Printer Drivers for OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Lion (in English) on the Apple support site.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

For assistance with color management on your printer: Click here to check your User Guide.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didnt skip any step, but whenever I try to key in postal code, it showing "please enter a valid postal". I'm from Malaysia. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 01.45.52.png

HP Recommended

@Azra88

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I suggest you enter a random number such as "12345", to have it registered,

as it isn't recognizing your postal code, that said, if you wish to enter your Malaysian code during setup and/or you aren't comfortable using random numbers:

You may have to remove the drivers and use the Apple software to reinstall the same instead:

Install the best available HP print driver and software on your Mac using Apple Software Update. Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network.

NOTE:

Since October 2016, HP printer software packages are no longer delivered through Apple Software Update. Visit 123.hp.com to download the latest HP software for your printer. Alternatively, if your printer supports Apple AirPrint, you do not need a driver to print from your Mac or iOS device. For more information, go to About AirPrint (in English).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.