01-09-2019 02:44 PM
Hoping someone might be able to help me.
The screen on my printer has disappeared and I am not sure as to why this has happened. In the past the screen was stuck, then started to working again, but now nothing.
Can't afford to buy another one. Any ideas what i can do?
The power still comes on.
01-10-2019 10:53 AM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Any hardware or software changes made in the printer?
Are you facing this issue after an update?
However, I suggest you do a Hard Reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Download and update the firmware for the printer using the below link.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
11-21-2019 07:49 PM
TURNED THE PRINTER AND LEFT FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR AND RESTARTED BACK BUT STILL HAVE THE SAME MESSAGE "VERY LOW ON INK.
CLEANED THE CARTRIDGE TRAY TO BE SURE THERE IS NO PAPER. I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS AS PER HP INSTRUCTIONS.