Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP office jet scanner problems

hp pro
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having an issue with my officejet 8610 - initially it was just with the copier which was printing poor quality copies with vertical lines.  Now it will not copy at all and the scanner is not working at all - getting message that it cannot make a connection.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled software - rebooted computer, router and printer but not having any luck. when i do Hp diagnostic check , it indicates issue with drivers.. Any ideas?

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1161 2305
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP office jet scanner problems

@hyf1,

Thank you for being a part of the Hp community. It will be a pleasure to assist you. I have reviewed the case. Excellent presentation and great troubleshooting have been done. Kudos to you for that.

• Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
  • Did you try making photocopies now directly from the printer and check if it copies correctly?
  • Did you print a print quality report and check if it prints correctly?

For now, try these steps:

Now check if the issue has been resolved. If it persists, then from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/model... (HP OfficeJet Printers - Fixing Print Quality Problems)

• Perform all the relevant steps from solution 1 to solution 7. Evaluate and diagnose the print quality diagnostics report.
  • Check for missing and faded colors or streaks. Later replace the ink cartridge if it is faulty. This should do the trick for the printer's hardware is not faulty. Otherwise, the printer needs to be replaced.
  • I am being honest about it here by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

If the issue continues, then I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation