Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All, this is not a call for help; I don't care, I've called for help 50 times already.  It isn't a call for support, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers maybe 20 time, OK, maybe 10, it doesn't matter, I am over this.  This has been a problem for about 3 years, and now ..... phasing it out?

The HP 7740 is a great piece of hardware, but:

1. The scanning has NEVER worked as it should, you know, put the pages in the tray, choose single or double-sided and press the button.  Nope, never happened like that, ever

2. The printer no longer wakes up when one of us presses PRINT - pretty tricky I know - so one has to go and tap it nicely, then open Print Manager to rectify the queue and tell it what to do.  Doesn't HP Smart do that?;

3.  Finally there is a firmware update, but the update can't find the printer on our very small network to install the firmware, so won't update.

I'm sure there are lots of people out there like me. 

Jus' sayin.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DuncanR1952 

Your comments are welcome here as long as they adhere to the

HP Support Community: Rules of Participation

All good.

That said, we are less "sounding board" than we are in the business of helping people when we can do so.

I have asked that someone take a look.

Should an agent answer,

If you are not interested in continuing,

Please simply and politely let the agent know your decision.

Request for an Assist

• I have submitted a request that someone take a look at your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@DuncanR1952

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.