Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPdeskjet 950c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. How do I perform a check on the ink levels and 2.How do I clean the print heads?

If no drivers for this printer are available for Windows 10 does that mean the above actions are impossible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bpzoom

You're most welcome. 🙂

By "The reason for this is that the full-featured Win10 drivers for the HP Deskjet 950c Printer" I mean to say that HP has not developed the drivers for this printer to work with Win10. However, the Windows operating system might contain the basic print drivers for this printer (we call them as inbuilt drivers).

Hope this answers your question. Cheers! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@bpzoom

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Deskjet 950c. I understand that you want to know how to check the ink levels and clean the printheads and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

1)How do I perform a check on the ink levels?

HP printers display ink and toner cartridge levels on the control panel. Look for an ink drop or cartridge icon or an Ink Levels menu to check the status of each cartridge.

Figure : Examples of ink and toner level icons and menu selections on various HP printer control panels

Examples of ink and toner level selections from control panel menus

You can Check estimated ink or toner levels for a printer connected to a Windows computer.

1. Turn on the printer and make sure that it is in a ready state and is connected to the computer.

2. Search Windows for HP, and then click your printer name from the list of results. If HP Solution Center displays in the results, click it.

Estimated ink or toner levels display on the home window of the printer software.

Figure : Example of Estimated Ink Levels in HP Printer Assistant

Example of Estimated Ink Levels in HP Printer Assistant

Figure : Example of Estimated Ink Levels in HP Solution Center

Example of Estimated Ink Levels in HP Solution Center

Figure : Example of Supplies Status in HP Device Toolbox

Example of Supplies Status in HP Device Toolbox

2.How do I clean the print heads?

You can clean the cartridges on this printer.

Click here and refer this document to perform cleaning and maintaining the printer.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. The HP Solution Centre works fine for my HP Photosmart C5180. But it cannot see my other printer a HP Deskjet 950C.

The HP Support Assistant is similar, except it goes give an invitation to add another HP device. When I choose to add the Deskjet 950C automatically it cannot find it. When I select add device manually it calls for the model number and the serial number. It does not recognize the data I input which is HP 950C Deskjet and S/N ES0BT1301W.

HP Recommended

@bpzoom

Hi,

as @sandytechy20 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I have read your post comprehensively 

The reason why the HP Solution Center is not working for the HP Deskjet 950c Printer and cannot add this printer. The reason for this is that the full-featured Win10 drivers for the HP Deskjet 950c Printer.

For few printers where the HP Solution Center is part of the full-featured drivers, it works well. 

Hope this information helps. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you. You said 

The reason why the HP Solution Center is not working for the HP Deskjet 950c Printer and cannot add this printer. The reason for this is that the full-featured Win10 drivers for the HP Deskjet 950c Printer.

Sorry I do not understand the last sentence. which I have highlighted.

I am guessing you mean the 950c printer is not included in the WIN 10 drivers set?

Thanks, Brian 

HP Recommended

@bpzoom

You're most welcome. 🙂

By "The reason for this is that the full-featured Win10 drivers for the HP Deskjet 950c Printer" I mean to say that HP has not developed the drivers for this printer to work with Win10. However, the Windows operating system might contain the basic print drivers for this printer (we call them as inbuilt drivers).

Hope this answers your question. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Is there a kit I can buy that will clean the printer heads on a Deskjet 950c 

HP Recommended

I have a Deskjet 950c not a 960c and I just want to know how to clean the printer heads. I thought there used to be a kit that I could buy.

HP Recommended

S far as I know it is not possible to find drivers on WIN10 to clean the  HP950 ink jet printer. I gave up in the end.

Bpzoom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.