Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Help please! Printer trouble

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus

Got a new Mac Airbook. Hooked up with my Officejet through bluetooth for printing but can't seem to scan. Downloaded HP Easy Scan three times but it can't find the printer. I get to the Add and Verify section, select Sith to HPDriver and keep getting the same message- cannot configure device software. go back to previous step and install software again. Once I clicked Use the Current Driver. It went through but can't find the printer when trying to scan. Any ideas? Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,612 26,336 4,691 10,417
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Please don't call the above number, this is not affiliated with HP Support in any way.

Download and install below drivers package from Apple:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

Open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and click the plus sign.

Select the listed 8600 printer, within the Use drop-down menu be sure to select the HP Officejet Pro 8600 option and press Add.

Now, open HP Easy Scan and try scanning again.

If you experience any difficulties, be sure to clarify your exact macOS version, click the Apple icon and then About this Mac to find up the OS version.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks so much. It worked 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation