Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I do that on the printer, it says to go to 123.Hp to get HP Smart App. I was set up with that in January and I used to get the image on my desktop, but for some reason my documents or photos won't appear on my desktop or in Photos or in the Finder area of my Apple MacBook Air as it did before.  Having problems lately.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Marian_414-

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you need assistance to scan and get the image on the desktop. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

You may use the HP Easy Scan app to start and save scans. The HP Easy Scan app can be downloaded for free Mac App Store. Following are the steps to scan and save the documents:

1. Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid.

If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), you can use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.

2. Search the Mac for scan, and then click HP Easy Scan in the list of results to open the app.

3. Select your printer name from the Scanner drop down menu.

4. Select a scan job type from the Presets menu, and then click Scan.

5. Click the thumbnail version of the scanned item in the left panel, and then click Edit to adjust colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.

Figure : HP Easy Scan editing tools

HP Easy Scan editing tools
  6. Click Send in the bottom right corner of the window, and then click Folder.

Figure : To save the scan to a folder on the Mac, click Send

Clicking Send to save a scan to a folder on the Mac
  7. In the window that displays, confirm a scan file name is in the Prefix field, click the Where menu, browse to the folder you want to save the file to, and then click Save.

Figure : Use the Where menu to select a folder to save the scan to

Use the Where menu to select a folder to save the scan to

You may click here to watch the video on how to scan using the HP Easy Scan.

Also, you may review this HP document to explore various other options to scan in the Mac OS.

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for any further questions.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.