Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 4520
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Trying to change my photos from fill it fit to page, to a normal, 5x7 photo on a 8x11 piece of paper.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @DeniseLang,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you need assistance in changing the photo print on your HP Envy printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I found a wonderful document which will gives you step by step instructions on how to change the settings: HP Printers - Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets

1. Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

2. On the print preview screen, tap the down arrow to select a printer.

3. Tap the down arrow  to open the print settings menu, and then tap the down arrow under Paper size to view the options.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It only offers the plain letter paper size. So I need to have 5x7 paper? I have also gone into more options and found photo size, but it only offers for to page, or fill page
HP Recommended

Hi! @DeniseLang, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned even after trying the steps the issue still persists.

Try downloading HP smart app from play store and connect your printer.

Select the document you would like to print and click print.

Select more options and enable borderless from the list also under scaling select fill page from the drop-down.

Now try to print and check if the issue persists.

Note: your printer might ask to install HP print plugin service once after you install HP smart app. Please download and install the print plugin service.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I used to resize print size in the app somehow until recently. But it seems that scaling feature has disappeared after an update. Disappointing!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.