Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8730

How do I sign in to my new printer as it requires a PIN?  where do I access the pin??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@abfrank,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer not connecting and asking for a pin. Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• What is the operating system associated with the printer? Is it Windows or Mac?
  • What is the version of the operating system?
  • Are you connecting the printer using a router to the wireless network or are you connecting the printer using the wireless direct feature without a router to your smartphone or iPad?
  • If it is a wireless direct connection, then is it an Android device or iOS device?
  • Are you trying to scan to a network folder or scan to email?
  • Are you trying to use the network password to connect the printer to the wireless network?

Please furnish all these details for me to assist you correctly.

For now, please try these steps:

Then restore the printer to factory default settings from this user guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05258797 refer to page 148 for steps on how to do it.

If the OS is Mac then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8730-all-in-one-printer-series/7902049/documen... (HP Officejet 8700 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Mac)

Here please add the printer only as Apple AirPrint or secure AirPrint and not as an HP printer. That is important.

If you are using only an iOS device like an iPad or iPhone, then follow all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8730-all-in-one-printer-series/7902049/documen... (HP Printers - Printing with Apple AirPrint (iOS)

Look at the FAQs section also in all these links relevant to your current issue. It should answer most of your queries.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  Please note that I am not overloading you with steps but instead, giving you more information to work with. We are as eager as you are to get the issue fixed. I request you to perform all these steps till the issue is fixed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.