Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart app
iOS

After scanning documents from the iPad or iPhone via the HP Smart app, I would like to see all the files from both devices in My Files folder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Oladunni

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want assistance on using HP Smart App. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Scan documents or photos from your printer to your mobile device. Then save your scans on your mobile device or in a cloud account such as Google Drive, or share them via email.

1. Place your document or photo on the scanner glass according to the guides on the printer, or in the automatic document feeder, if your printer has one.

2. Open the HP Smart app, and then tap Scan, Scan to Email, or Scan to Cloud, depending on the type of scan you want to complete.

NOTE:

On Apple iOS devices, make sure Scanner is the current scan type selected on the Scan screen.

Figure : Example of Scanner selected

The Scanner option selected for scan type
  3. Tap the Settings icon  on the scan screen to select the Input Source for the scan, if you need to choose between the document feeder or scanner glass.

4. Tap Done or Save.

5. Tap Scan to view the scan and adjust the borders, if necessary.

6. If you want to scan additional pages, tap the additional pages icon .

7. When the scan is complete, tap Send, Save, Share, or Print, depending on the type of scan previously selected.

Click here and refer the document for more assistance.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Oladunni

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want assistance on using HP Smart App. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Scan documents or photos from your printer to your mobile device. Then save your scans on your mobile device or in a cloud account such as Google Drive, or share them via email.

1. Place your document or photo on the scanner glass according to the guides on the printer, or in the automatic document feeder, if your printer has one.

2. Open the HP Smart app, and then tap Scan, Scan to Email, or Scan to Cloud, depending on the type of scan you want to complete.

NOTE:

On Apple iOS devices, make sure Scanner is the current scan type selected on the Scan screen.

Figure : Example of Scanner selected

The Scanner option selected for scan type
  3. Tap the Settings icon  on the scan screen to select the Input Source for the scan, if you need to choose between the document feeder or scanner glass.

4. Tap Done or Save.

5. Tap Scan to view the scan and adjust the borders, if necessary.

6. If you want to scan additional pages, tap the additional pages icon .

7. When the scan is complete, tap Send, Save, Share, or Print, depending on the type of scan previously selected.

Click here and refer the document for more assistance.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.