Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (69 Views)

How to hook up HP 1500 all in one printer/scanner to my HP Laptop

Product Name: HP PSC 1500 All-in-one series
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I hook up a HP 1500 all in one series printer/scanner to my HP laptop I have windows 10

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (35 Views)

Re: How to hook up HP 1500 all in one printer/scanner to my HP Laptop

@Jfree,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that you are n need of support.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

Step 1: Prepare for the printer setup

Check requirements and delete any previously installed printer versions from Windows to prepare for the USB connection setup and driver installation.

1. Confirm the following requirements and items before you begin:

• The printer is turned on and in a ready state.

• Obtain a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.

• There is an available USB port on your computer: If you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate.

• If you connected the USB cable to the computer before installing the HP driver, continue with these steps to remove the printer from the installed devices to help ensure a successful setup. Otherwise, skip to the next step to install the driver.

2. Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Do not reconnect the cable until prompted during the driver installation step.

3. Search Windows for 'devices', and then click the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.

4. Right-click the icon for your printer model, and then click Remove device. If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Figure : Remove the printer from Devices and Printers

Remove the printer from Devices and Printers
  5. Close the Devices and Printers window.

Click here to continue to the next step.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

If you like to appreciate my efforts clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation