Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 identical HP Officejet 4650 printers.  I want to install both of them on my network and be able to access them separately.  How do I so this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure that both printers are connected to your wireless network by following the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer's Wireless menu.

Download and install the software below for one of the printers:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61230/mp-147816-1/OJ4650_Full_WebPack_1122.exe

Once completing the installation, open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.

Right-click the listed printer and select Printer Properties, then name the printer as you like to identify it correctly.

Once done, run the installation file once again and select Connect a New printer, then follow the steps on screen to install the 2nd printer.

Once again, you may rename the 2nd printer in the same way too.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Must both printers be connected at the same time?  In my case I travel between 2 locations that are several thousand miles apart with one printer in each location.  I need to be able to install the printer in one location and then when I travel to the other location, install it there.  (both printers are HP Officejet 4650s)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.