Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520 All in One Printer
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello all, I have not checked in here for a while, but recently my printer got unplugged somehow, and after plugging it back in, the settings seem to have changed back to printing on both sides of the paper, which I cannot recall how to disable....

I have been told that I need to open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > choose my printer from the list provided > Options & Supplies > the uncheck a box regarding double-sided printing, but there is no such box provided??

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 9.06.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-10 at 9.07.13 PM.png

Can someone explain to me how to disable double-sided printing some other way please, and Thanks in advance??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@zlloyd1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you'd want to print single-sided documents from your computer. Follow these steps to disable two-sided printing:

Open the file you would like to print. From the File menu select Print. The Print window appears.

NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.

UnCheck two-sided printing.

Click the Settings drop-down, it will usually appear as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

Set the Two-Sided option as Off.

You may save the settings as a preset by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...

By doing so and completing the print job these settings will remain default till another preset will be used in the future.

Refer to the document HP Printers - How to Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Duplex) (Mac) for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.