Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Laserjet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a big problem with printer Laserjet P1102w. 

After some Windows update the printer stop working. So, after some attempt, I have removed the device. Now I can't reinstall in any way: I have uninstalled all HP software, removed all drivers, emty the spooler, downloader the latest driver, read all post in this forum. The problem is always the same: the installer starts, when it ask to connect the printer, the installation continue endlessly.

When I attached the printer via USB, Windows recognized the device as a CD drive, that I can't open ("Access denied" it says) and add a sort of printer in the device manager. If I double click, I can only buy consumables...

Any Idea? Can you help me?

Thanks

Roberto

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Roberto,

With the printer connected, follow the HP Smart Install Control Utility to disable the HP Smart Install feature, then power off the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL53550/lj-129224-1/LJP1100_P1560_P1600_SI_Utility.exe

Next, reinstall the HP software for your printer below:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-...

If the software may extract but won't run, manually launch the installation by browsing to C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution.

Double-click HpSetup.exe and follow the installation.

When being guided to connect the USB, power on the printer and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, I've already downloaded the utility to disable HP Smart. 

The utility says HP Smart is disabled; if I try to enable, I get an error, "Error connecting to the device".

If I unistall HP Smart, when I connect the printer (asked by the installer) it's installed automatically. 

The driver used is the latest downloaded from HP support site.

Note, the same printer, connected to another pc, works.

Thanks,

Roberto

HP Recommended

Plug in the USB and power up the printer. In Windows Explorer you should see a D or E drive. The setup files are there. Double click to install and it should work.

HP Recommended

I tried to install the hp>LJP1100 Full Solution exe file. I got an error message "Extraction failed. Cannot delete output file." What am I missing? I previously disabled the HP Smart app as instructed.

Bill Sharpe

HP Recommended

Never mind the previous post. I redownloaded the Full Program and was able to connect my P1102w printer wirelessly on my Windows 10 computer.

Thanks for the information😀😀

HP Recommended

Deleted message

HP Recommended

I tried to click on the link to download the LJP110 Full Solution exe file but it is not working. I'm unable to load this printer on our Windows 10 computers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.