Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had problems with my scan feature before but I've always been able to fix it. This time it is driving me insane though.

My printer has been working fine and the scanner was too, but all of a sudden it won't scan for me. 

I have printed the alignment page, and it will scan that with no problem. I also ran the HP Print and Scan doctor and it has part of that at the start when you select "Fix Scanning" Where it comes up on the screen and says that it is now scanning. I can hear it scanning and the noises it's making so there isn't an issue with it doing a scan.

When it comes to opening up the printer assistant so that I can select "Scan a Document or photo", but I then get a pop-up error box saying "The HP Officejet 4630 series was not found". This also appears after I have done the print and scan doctor and select "Test Scan".

When I do the scan doctor everything is okay apart from the "Device Status" - I've followed all of the recommended steps to fix this, taking ink cartridges out, replacing them, cleaning parts, deleting things in the %temp% file, restarting programmes running in the background, restarting the whole printer - EVERYTHING.  The ink cartridges are the right ones for the printer and have been printing fine. 

I don't know what else to do - please help!!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for replying.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled as you suggested but I am still having exactly the same problem and is giving me the same error.

Any more ideas?

HP Recommended

Still having this problem.... more ideas?

HP Recommended

HI,

Can you go to WIndows store and try downloading the HP Smart apps?

Try to scan using the apps.

Else, try Webscan.  This resource will show you how:

Scanning from Chromebook

(Chromebook is using Webscan)

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.