11-21-2019 03:58 PM
I cannot see the image - but no matter.
If you in any way whatsoever believe the Chat is suspicious, then it is not something you want to use.
HP Chat (with an HP agent) is available to limited areas and is restricted (in many cases) to business hours as defined in your region. The option is not listed on the Internet, by the way - HP has strict rules about how, when, and where Chat is used.
If HP Chat is available in your area, it would (I think) only show up as a contact option after you submit a case to HP using the online case submission. If Chat is not available, it is likely at least the phone option will be provided along with the phone number for your local area.
HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option – Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, first submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact by Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
From HP > CAUTION
Recently, HP has seen an increased number of third-party support websites selling HP driver downloads or diagnostic tools. Many of these websites use the HP trademark symbol and claim to be official HP distributors.
If your product supports your operating system, HP offers your driver and software at no additional cost through the HP website.
Use caution when dealing with any website that asks you to pay for HP driver downloads or tools that claim to diagnose your HP products. These websites might not be affiliated with HP in any way.
Do not install BIOS updates from a motherboard manufacturer's website. Only install BIOS updates from HP. Installing BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer can prevent the computer from accepting an HP system recovery. This could result in a loss of data.
Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer
Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)
Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.