09-11-2019 03:43 AM
I have tried pretty much everything to get this new printer installed on my laptop, I do have another laptop with windows 7 and it installed no problem,
i previously had a Photosmart 6520 and it installed perfectly, any ideas would be appreciated
09-13-2019 12:30 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
Step 1 HP Print and Scan Doctor -
Click on this link to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor
Step 2 Re-install the printer drivers -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the issue still persists, try installing the built-in driver - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
09-16-2019 11:24 AM
Hi thank you for your response,
i did actually try your steps and this still did not work for me! However i did manage to get it to install the printer in the end, Some time ago i bought this laptop off my brother in-law,
it has Microsoft windows 10 installed but blimey do they love an update lol every bloody day so i thought i can stop them from taking over my laptop as they were updating without asking and it kept messing with my stuff. i decided to turn off windows update in every possible way, it was great i had my laptop back but completely forgot i had disabled all the updates, anyway upon realizing what i had done i enabled windows update and installed the updates and my printer installed and is working fine.
(I do now have windows update turned on but with minimal settings and no more interference to my work and my life)