05-14-2020 08:54 AM
I got this printer from a friend I’m trying to print I got it hook up to my laptop Might be doing some wrong they saying download a software than it my warranty is up what the warranty to have to do with printing can y’all please help me
05-21-2020 01:54 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you
Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.
Let's try a power reset on the printer
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.
--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
--->Select your HP printer.
--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
--->Click on the Drivers tab.
--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.
--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
--->Close Devices and Printers.
And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
06-11-2020 06:37 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, I'd like to know the following:
- What model printer are you using?
- How is the printer connected to the MAC?
- Do you get any errors while printing?
- Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Keep me posted
I am an HP Employee