Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (86 Views)

I keep getting a pop-up request to purchase an ink cartridge because I am low on ink. STOP!

Product Name: HP Office jet 4360

I keep getting a pop up asking me to purchase printer ink.  The pop ups happen every few minutes.

STOP THIS!  I have clicked on the unsubscribe link, but I am still getting these pop-ups.  

WHAT PART OF NO DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?  If you think, for one moment, that a continuous pop-up will entice me to purchase your product, your are wrong.

SO, ONCE MORE, STOP THE CONTINUOUS POP-UPS.  I DO NOT WANT YOUR PRODUCT.

In the time it took to write thie email, I had four pop-ups for your product.  STOP!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (53 Views)

Re: I keep getting a pop-up request to purchase an ink cartridge because I am low on ink. STOP!

Hi @kirbycrusr,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting ink alerts on the computer and you want to know how to stop it.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

To disable the alerts on the computer running on Windows, please follow the procedure mentioned below.

Open devices and printers using the control panel.

Right-Click on your printer icon in devices and printers.

Select printer properties.

Select the ports tab.

Uncheck the option on the bottom that says 'Enable bidirectional support' and click on the OK button.

Restart the computer.

NOTE: This will stop the computer from ANY pop-ups related to HP.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Student
Message 3 of 3 (34 Views)

Re: I keep getting a pop-up request to purchase an ink cartridge because I am low on ink. STOP!

I followed your intructions, and on my ports tab, enable bidirectional support is grayed out. I am also on the end of my rope with the messages. I am about to go crazy!!!!

Please help ASAP!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation