Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (59 Views)

I'm trying to print from my Officejet 6310 using my phone or tablet

Product Name: Officejet 6310
Operating System: Other
I'm trying to print from my Officejet 6310 using my phone or tablet. My phone is a Motorola Moto z force Droid, my tablet is a Verizon ellipsis. I'm connecting the printer USB cable into a USB otg cable then connecting the micro USB of the otg cable into the micro USB of the phone or tablet. I thought the hp print plugin on the phone or tablet would allow me to print but it's not working. Is there something else I can do? The Officejet 6310 is not wireless so that's not an option.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (27 Views)

Re: I'm trying to print from my Officejet 6310 using my phone or tablet

@Dhxxo

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 6310 printer. I understand that you are unable to print from your phone with the OTG cable and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Connect the USB OTG cable to your printer and Android device and activate the HP Print Service Plugin.

1. Turn on the printer, if is not on already.

2. Connect one end of a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on the OTG cable.

3. Plug the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable into the micro-USB port on your Android device.

An HP Print Service Plugin window displays on the Android device.

Figure : Connecting the micro-USB connector to the micro-USB port on your device

Connecting the micro-USB connector to the micro-USB port on your Android device
  4. Tap OK to activate the HP Print Service Plugin.

Figure : Activating the HP Print Service Plugin

Activiating the HP Print Service Plugin

Print from your Android device.

Print documents or images saved in Files, Google Docs, Gallery, Photos, etc. from your Android device.

1. Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

2. On the preview screen, tap the down arrow to view the printer list, then select USB: HP [your printer model name] from the list of available printers.

Figure : Selecting the printer

Selecting the printer
  3. Tap the down arrow  to change any print settings, then tap the Print icon .

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation