Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I need instructions on how to reset my printer back to its factory settings its a hp deskjet 3630 series all in one

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Joshua3, welcome to the HP Forums! The only reset I am aware of for this printer is performed when the printer is in an error state. If you want to perform this reset you can use the instructions below from the user manual:

Reset the printer.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord.

3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Turn on the printer

May I ask why you are in need of reset instructions. Are you perhaps looking to reset the network? 

To restore network settings to default settings

● Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

You can find this and more here: HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One series User Guide

Please let me know if this resolves your inquiry by marking your post as solved (Click the Accept as Solution button below). If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @Joshua3, welcome to the HP Forums! The only reset I am aware of for this printer is performed when the printer is in an error state. If you want to perform this reset you can use the instructions below from the user manual:

Reset the printer.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord.

3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Turn on the printer

May I ask why you are in need of reset instructions. Are you perhaps looking to reset the network? 

To restore network settings to default settings

● Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

You can find this and more here: HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One series User Guide

Please let me know if this resolves your inquiry by marking your post as solved (Click the Accept as Solution button below). If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello

To make it simple I received a new modem 2000 from bell but my hp printer keeps trying to connect to the previous model  SSID  this is the reason why it cannot connect me to the internet I have tried everything, to  an  HP tech who wants to take over my computer which I do not think I need, and  I have spent two days trying all the help places on HP with no results I tried to delete the printer but it did not seem to delete it properly , all I want to do is re install the printer like it was a new printer because it is stuck trying to connect to the wrong SSID number  .  I am hoping someone can help me fix the problem. the resetting the printer has not worked back to factory  because it is still retaining the old SSID

Linda

HP Recommended

@adnil05 wrote:

Hello

To make it simple I received a new modem 2000 from bell but my hp printer keeps trying to connect to the previous model  SSID  this is the reason why it cannot connect me to the internet I have tried everything, to  an  HP tech who wants to take over my computer which I do not think I need, and  I have spent two days trying all the help places on HP with no results I tried to delete the printer but it did not seem to delete it properly , all I want to do is re install the printer like it was a new printer because it is stuck trying to connect to the wrong SSID number  .  I am hoping someone can help me fix the problem. the resetting the printer has not worked back to factory  because it is still retaining the old SSID

Linda

Replacing/reconnecting/changing your wireless router, try here. 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

* Reset your printer back to Network Defaults.  Then run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect.  Both can be accessed from the front panel or computer.  If no front panel for configuration, you must use your Printer USB cable to connect.  You can also try the WPS method if your router/printer supports this only if the Wizard or Printer USB cable is not available.  Read your User Guide for info.

* Wireless printers only connect to the 2.4G band in your router.  The router must have the 2.4G SSID band enabled with a different SSID name than your 5.0G SSID band in your router.

* Set router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time. 

* Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart. 

* Make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.