Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@DrRick wrote:

I need to install my hp officejet 4500 without a disk

This has been asked and answered a few dozen times in this thread.   See this post.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@richmondRED wrote:

[snip]

Here's the info I have from the printer:

• HP PSC 2355 ALL.IN.ONE PRINTER, SCANNER, FAX, AND COPIER
  • PSC 2350 SERIES
  • M0DEL #SDGOB-0401-02

[snip]

Right now I really do realize Ban a much better printer would be better, however, being on a fixed income, if there is a way your knowledge and magic could make something I've always wanted even when working and couldn't get, a printer that prints, scans, copies, AND faxes; I'd be more than forever grateful!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this should you decide to do so; if not, I more than understand.

Have An Awesome Holiday Season!

Sincerely,

Linda "RED" Fields

PS Is there anyway you can describe this "cord" that's needed for this printer--something a layman can understand.  Again thank you so very much for your time and trouble. You ROCK!

The driver and a number of updates can be downloaded from HP here.  

You will need a standard A/B USB cable to connect the printer to your PC, it will look something like this:

These are standard and nothing fancy - I use cables from the dollar store. 

For setting up the printer on the PC the documents here may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

hello

HP Recommended

@etc357 wrote:

I need to install my hp officejet 4500 without a disk

I need to install my hp officejet 4500 without a disk. thanks doris

HP Recommended

Hi totalrelaxation,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

I understand that you would like to know how to install your Officejet 4500 without an installation CD.  I have included a link to HP's driver download page for the Officejet 4500.  To get the driver please follow the steps below:

1. Choose your operating system from the drop down menu
  2. Click on 'Next'
  3. Click on the '+' beside 'Driver - Product Installation Software'
  4. Click on 'Download' beside the HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver and choose to save it to your desktop
  5. After the download has completed, open up the download on your desktop and follow the prompts to install your printer

HP Officejet 4500 Desktop All-in-One Printer - G510a Drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=3919448&sw_la...

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

how to download.  support only offers sending hardcopy

HP Recommended

no option to download at that link for my  max os x 5.8 operating system  only hard copy.  is that the only way

HP Recommended

hi buddy2huey,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that you require the full feature software and drivers for your Officejet 4500.  You didn't indicate which version of the Officejet 4500 so I checked the base model. 

I have included the link to the full feature software and drivers for your printer for Mac OS X 10.5.  I have also included the document on how to install the printer with a USB connection.

HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver (Universal) - Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-80352-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Installing the Printer Software in Mac OS X up to 10.5 for a USB Cable Connection

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02282571

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi there....I need to install my hp officejet 4500 without a disk...can you help me please and thank you

Colleen

HP Recommended

Hi Colleen123,

Welcome to the HP Support forums. I understand you need the drivers for your Officejet 4500.

I have included the link to the driver's download page.  It should list the different models of Officejet 4500.  Please choose the correct model of printer and it will take you to driver download page.  Once there please choose your operating system to download the driver.

HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - Drivers & Software page

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=1#/qryterm=officejet%204500&searchtype=s-002

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.