Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer won't scan to my computer.  I recently put windows 10 on computer and now my printer doesn't apparently recognize it?  I've needed to scan a few very important things and can't seem to figure it out.  I'm computer dumb also.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @ReneeandJerry

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @ReneeandJerry – Greetings!

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums! I’d like to help with the printer issue 🙂

I understand that you facing issues while scanning to your PC. This is caused due to the printer drivers on your PC. You need to install the upgraded Windows 10 drivers to fix this issue. Here are the steps:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41871/mp-109007-3/OJ6700_1315-1.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart the printer and the PC and check.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  Between my husband and I, it worked!!!!

HP Recommended

Hello, @ReneeandJerry

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.