Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (113 Views)

I've just reinstalled the latest download - HP_LaserJet_M252_Full_Software_and_Drivers_15309.exe

Product Name: Color LaserJet Pro M252dw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having just reinstalled the latest sofware and drivers, I now find that my original password does not work on my printer - WHY has this been changed, and why have I not been notified of the new password? I can't find it anywhere in all the documentaion that came with the new sofware install. This is rediculous. Help please. Thank you.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (84 Views)

Re: I've just reinstalled the latest download - HP_LaserJet_M252_Full_Software_and_Drivers_15309.exe

@HLSathaven

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Is it a WiFi Direct password, or a network password?

Please let me know the issue in detail, to assist you further with relevant steps. :)

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (72 Views)

Re: I've just reinstalled the latest download - HP_LaserJet_M252_Full_Software_and_Drivers_15309.exe

Hi, thank you for your reply; the password I am talking about is when I press the SETUP icon on the printer display, and then press eitherthe System Setup or Service icons I am asked to 'Enter a password' at the top of the screen.

Prior to updating my software and drivers (see above), I knew the password and could enter the above options. Now I can't, and I haven't received any information about a new password.

Please help.

Regards,

Howard

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 5 (59 Views)

@HLSathaven

It looks like you were interacting with @Barachiel, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 5 (44 Views)

@HLSathaven

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad your issue is fixed after performing Reset instructions :)

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time ;)

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. :)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation