Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Utility
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I want to Download HP Utility to install onto my MacbookPro, I have it on my MAC and it makes it easy to setup where the scans go rather than having to use my MacbookPro and then go to the scanner.

When I try and Scan a document from printer (HP Officejet Pro 7720) I select Scanner on the touch screen and then it tells me Computer Not Found. The troubleshoot says to open HP Utility and Scan settings etc... but I can't find HP Utility to be able to do this.

I have tried to connect this via the HP Smart or HP Scan but with no luck.

Please Help.

Thanks,

Andre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP Smart does not support the Scan to Computer functionality.

For that feature to work you need to install the full essentials package.

You can get this using HP Easy Start.  Click on this link to take to the download.

When prompted install the essentials package.  Once the installation is complete you should have the HP Utility inside an HP folder in your Applications folder.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP Smart does not support the Scan to Computer functionality.

For that feature to work you need to install the full essentials package.

You can get this using HP Easy Start.  Click on this link to take to the download.

When prompted install the essentials package.  Once the installation is complete you should have the HP Utility inside an HP folder in your Applications folder.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Worked perfectly, Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.