02-13-2018 01:29 PM - last edited on 02-13-2018 01:36 PM by danny-r
I’m trying the opposite, I’m trying to get my fax to work on my HP envy 7640 but it says the fax has been disabled! I’m the only person who has ever owned this printer so I’m not sure why it is disabled! Can you please help????
02-14-2018 05:39 PM - edited 02-15-2018 06:54 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.
As I Understand you don't use the fax features of your printer and need assistance in disabling it,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern:
Have you gone through your product user guide to turning it off?
If you haven't: Click here for details
I've listed out a few steps for your ease:
Modify HP Digital Fax settings You can turn off HP Digital Fax and disable printing faxes from the printer control panel.
To modify settings from the printer control panel
1. From the printer control panel display, touch Setup.
2. Touch Fax Setup. 58 Chapter 6 Fax ENWW
3. Touch Preferences, and then touch HP Digital Fax.
4. Select the setting that you want to change. You can change the following settings:
● Fax Printing: Choose this option to print faxes as they are received. If you turn off printing, color faxes will still print.
● Turn 2ff HP Digital Fax: Choose this option to turn on HP Digital Fax.
NOTE: Use the HP printer software on your computer to turn on HP Digital Fax.
Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.
If you like to appreciate my efforts clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'
Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up'
Have a great day Ahead!
I am an HP Employee
02-14-2018 05:51 PM
02-15-2018 07:17 AM
Thanks for the reply,
Let's try to test fax setup via the printer control panel
1. Set up the printer for faxing according to your particular home or office setup instructions.
2. Make sure the ink cartridges are installed, and that full-size paper is loaded in the input tray before starting the test. 3. From the printer control panel, touch Fax.
4. Touch Setup.
5. Touch TTools, and then touch Run Fax Test. The printer displays the status of the test on the display and prints a report.
6. Review the report.
● If the test passes and you are still having problems faxing, check the fax settings listed in the report to verify the settings are correct. A blank or incorrect fax setting can cause problems faxing.
● If the test fails, review the report for more information on how to fix any problems found.
Eagerly waiting for the reply.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee