Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (51 Views)

I would like to set up my OJP 8610 so that I may have it online, but also use a USB cable connection

Product Name: Officejet Pro 8610
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

When my printer was set up wirelessly, I couldn't get it to print when connected with a usb cable.  I recently unplugged and moved the printer.  It's wireless settings all disappeared.  I'd like to set it up wirelessly again, but I don't want to lose the capacity to print using the usb cable.  

The only reason I really need the wireless feature is that I'm signed up for instant ink and this is how the printer notifies HP that I need more ink.   I prefer printing with the USB cable because it is more reliable.

Can I have my cake and eat it too?  

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (22 Views)

Re: I would like to set up my OJP 8610 so that I may have it online, but also use a USB cable con...

[ Edited ]

Hi! @elizabix, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have issues connecting your printer to the network.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

Is your printer working with USB connection?

As you mentioned you have issues connecting your printer to the network.

The Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer provides an easy way to connect to the network.

1.On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon, and then touch the Wireless Menu icon.

2.Touch Wireless Settings, then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available wireless networks.

Touch the name of your wireless network, then follow the instructions on the printer control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Refer this article to know more information about wireless printer setup.

Also, refer this article to know more information about converting USB to wireless.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! :-)

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation