Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Disabling ipv6 in the printer network settings appears to have worked for me (HP office jet pro 8600 printer)

i hope this helps someone..

HP Recommended
That did t work for me
HP Recommended

Have worked my way through the Apple forums and now this and what becomes apparent is that this is all triggered by an update from iOS 10 to 11. We can argue whether iOS 11 broke HP or vice verse but I’m guessing most people with a printer which at best prints intermittently, slowly or not at all, have to decide quickly what to do. In most cases it’s foreseeable that the cheaper option is to bin the printer not the phone or tablet. That very much makes this an urgent HP problem yet, apart from the routine answers at the start of the thread, HP appear to have wholly disengaged from the topic.  The failure to print and the disengagement inevitably lead to people switching to other manufacturers.  Our last 3 printers have all been HP. The current one, used at home for mostly business purposes, is no longer fit for purpose and so we’re currently researching what replaces it. It’s not even a year old. 

Nobody has a permanent fix. Using the HP Smart app etc. is a wholly unacceptable answer. By all means work through the suggestions such as forced reboots or turning off ipv6 but the bottom line is that AirPrint simply needs to work again and the onus is on HP to admit this is a widespread issue and announce at minimum the intent to sort it within days not weeks.

HP Recommended

Funny, I press printer and nothing, but suddenly after 6-8 hours it starts to print.

And then it works within seconds.

I rest my case.

HP Recommended

I have come to the same conclusion. The various fixes seem to work temporarily only. I have bought a. Kodak Verite 65 Plus from Ryman’s at half price, £34.99 less Quidco. It does Apple airprint and has a ink saving setting and works perfectly on my iPad with their app.

HP Recommended

Thin end of a potentially very thick wedge. Either fix it or lose market share for good. The printer market is very competitive and I don’t know about anyone else but who’s going to wait weeks for a fix? Easier to go and buy a printer from a different company. 

HP still not paying attention to this thread. 

Let’s see what happens when Twitter goes to work.

HP Recommended

Well I am pleased to report that the latest updates from Apple appear to have resolved this issue I reported back in September. I am glad that we were all listened to. I am somewhat suprised though that we did not get anyone telling us on this discussion , that an update was pending! Perhaps this discussion can now be closed.

HP Recommended
Not for me
HP Recommended

It seems to be working here too now - but I also installed a new router around the same time. I couldn’t say if the two events are related.

HP Recommended

Yes, now working for me too, and about time!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.