Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Lenovo ThinkCebtre M710q
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laserjet P1600dn installation software DOES NOT function on Windows 10 update 1803.  It has been 2 months since I first reported this problem and it still is not fixed. 

THis is a new computer with fresh install of Windows 10 .  This is not an obsolete computer.

hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20120831-50157036_SMO

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Software-installation-does-not-run-both-DVD-and-down...

Re: P1606dn Software install not starting 
Problem resolved. Thank you.

Is this the same error or something new?

Product Name: Lenovo ThinkCebtre M710q
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was it reported here, or in a Lenovo Forum?

How far does the install go before any error message apprears?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Software-installation-does-not-run-both-DVD-and-down...

Re: P1606dn Software install not starting 
Problem resolved. Thank you.

Is this the same error or something new?

Product Name: Lenovo ThinkCebtre M710q
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was it reported here, or in a Lenovo Forum?

How far does the install go before any error message apprears?

HP Recommended

I found the manual solution again by finding and reading my original question, and it worked.  The first post was for my 10 year old Dell, which was obsoleted by the 1803 update.  The second post was for the same problem but on a brand new Lenovo desktop.  Want to let HP know the DVD and software links still do not function on Windows 10 1803 update.  

I will be testing Mint Linux on the old computer.  

Thank you.  Apologies for the old man rant.

Ed T.

HP Recommended

Hi

Lots of software/updates are being delivered by Microsoft now, that were delivered by HP previously.

So if it doesn't work, it imay not be  supposed to.

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver.

A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c01796879

The driver may be delivered via Microsoft.

HP Recommended

Hi

Lots of software/updates are being delivered by Microsoft now, that were delivered by HP previously.

So if it doesn't work, it imay not be  supposed to.

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver.

A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

The driver may be delivered via Microsoft.

HP Recommended

This printer has been functional for years.  The DVD and the software on the HP site will display all the dialog boxes and install the printer.  This DVD and the HP fully featured worked perfectly up to and including the Windows 10 1709? Update. This was the update previous to 1803.  Both versions worked on a new HP AIO BEFORE the 1803 update installed 2 weeks ago.  Same with this new Lenovo.  Once the 1803 update is installed on all three of my computers the install software will not bring up the install dialog boxes.  It just extracts the files.  

HP Recommended

@edspyhill01 wrote:

This printer has been functional for years.  The DVD and the software on the HP site will display all the dialog boxes and install the printer.  This DVD and the HP fully featured worked perfectly up to and including the Windows 10 1709? Update. This was the update previous to 1803.  Both versions worked on a new HP AIO BEFORE the 1803 update installed 2 weeks ago.  Same with this new Lenovo.  Once the 1803 update is installed on all three of my computers the install software will not bring up the install dialog boxes.  It just extracts the files.  

So HP users should assume HP printers have been obsoleted by Microsoft Windows 10, update1803?   I guess HP is benefiting from Microsoft releases and updates obsoleting your printers because it drives your sales up?   Primitive business model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.