Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet P1006
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Installed windows 10 and my LaserJet P1006 is not recognized.  When I go to printers, it is listed but says there is no software.  Downloaded the driver and tried to reinstall but when it gets to point where I connect the USB cable computer doesn't recognize the cable and I can't move forward

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Al1978 

Hello,

Be sure to plug the USB cable into a USB 2.0 port on your computer.

Try the following solution:

1. Turn on your printer and connect the USB cable.
  2. In the Control Panel, under Hardware and Audio. Click View Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Click Add a Printer. The Add Printer window opens.
  4. The Desired printer is not on the list.
  5. Click Add a local or network printer with manual configuration, and then click Next.
  6. Click Use an Existing Port.
  7. Click the Use Existing Port drop-down list and select USB001, then click Next.
  8. Click Windows Update.
  9. Under Manufacturer in the Install Printer Driver window, click HP.
  10. Under Printers, select HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5, then click Next.
  11. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
  12. In the Devices and Printers window, right-click the HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5 printer name, and then click Printer Properties.
  13. In the General tab, and in the Printer name field, type HP LaserJet 1006, then click OK.
  14. Try to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Al the steps seemed applicable and I found every item on every list.  In the end the printer still didn't work.  Bought a new one, my time is too valuable to deal with this.  Another cost attributable to Windows 10.  Why I wait forever to upgrade with Microsoft products.

Thanks for the trouble Mans

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.