Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
lasserjet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After downloading and launching the driver .exe (hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20120831-50157036_SMO) it will extract the file, but once it reaches 100% the installer does not appear. I have ended/closed all programs that I can and i get the same results. I'm winning Windows 10 (64-bit) and everything is up to date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Right click the Start menu and select Run.

Paste the following path and press OK, then the installation should launch:

C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Right click the Start menu and select Run.

Paste the following path and press OK, then the installation should launch:

C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Man you are a life saver. It worked perfect. Spent 5 hrs reseting new install , if only I found your advice first.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Worked for me. i replaced the drive name with driver i needed and ran the link.  C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Great, printer is now setup..

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have been using computers since 1984. I can take them apart and reassemble them. I get a new computer, try to install HP drivers for an old printer, what the OP described happened to me. I spent hours looking for a solution, even had to tinker with Windows 10 registry!

Tonight I gave it one more try. Bam boom pow, with Google search found this page and your solution. Printer driver file expanded and installed.

Thanks!

P.S. If you are inclined, can you tell me WHAT happened here? Was it Windows protection, or perhaps the downloaded HP driver files have defective coding?

Note: For those people unaware, here's HOW you get to the Windows "Run" field in Windows 10.

Hover your cursor over the Windows icon that's in the lower corner of the computer screen, aka the far left of the taskbar.

Press the right key of your mouse.

A menu will pop up.

Third from the bottom of the menu is "Run"

Click "Run" and the field will appear in which you paste the command provided by the expert. 

P.S. This all assumes you have already downloaded on to your computer the HP printer drivers for this particular printer, e.g., which I have, the HP LaserJet P1102w

HP Recommended

I'm afraid that it hasn't worked for me. It just took me to the folder where it was, I clicked on it and it extracted the files and did absolutely nothing more.

I'm getting rather fed up with this -- I've spent several hours trying to open the installer and it just does nothing.

HP Recommended

After all that, I think I've got it going. I've just printed out something on Word. I went to the extracted files and clicked on the hpsetup.exe file... and off it went. Why it didn't do this to start with, I don't know.

Thanks for the advice!

HP Recommended

Just FYI, I have answered my own question about this. Appears that this is a Windows 10 issue. After I turned off Windows Protection in the registry, the drivers then expanded and installed (those that I had downloaded from HP's site). In other words, tinkering with Windows Registry was the fix, I did NOT have to tinker with HP's drivers.

Most likely since I have NEVER had this install problem before (been using Windows since the days of 3.1 in the 90s), culprit was most likely a recent Windows 10 update.

HP Recommended

Are you, @Dr_Paul, getting any kind of error?

I would suggest using Windows Explorer and browsing to the folder where the file "HPSetup.exe" is located.  (For me this was:  C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution when running Windows 10.)

Right-click on "HpSetup" and select the "Run as Administrator" option.  Proceed to answer the question in the resulting dialog. 

HP Recommended

That's what I've done, following your helpful advice, going to Windows Explorer and clicking on the HPSetup.exe file. Thanks for the tip.

The files have all extracted themselves, the installation has worked, and I've managed to get the printer going.

I read somewhere that the problems lie with Windows not HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.