Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M1217 nfw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to install the drivers for a Laserjet 1217 nfw on my new HP Envy x360. I have downloaded the full solutions file from the HP website. When I go to run the file the extracting status window comes up and when It gets to 100% the window disappears but nothing happens. I have tried restarting the computer and it still does the same thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe and the installation should begin.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@dt_truck11

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

I see that you are facing difficulties in Installing the printer drivers.

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-m1217nfw-multifunction-pr... to download and install the HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I followed all of your instructions. When I executed the full solutions file a window to install the printer came up. I followed the instructions in that and was able to print a test page from HP Smart which is assume is the printer app. However when I go to printers and devices it still says "Driver is unavailable" for this printer. I have restarted the computer and it still says that. 

I have this driver installed on another computer with Windows 10 64 bit also. Would I be able to copy the files needed from that computer and transfer them into this one?

Anymore help will be much appreciated.

HP Recommended

@dt_truck11

Click on this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc... and Create a local user or administrator account.

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-m1217nfw-multifunction-pr... to download and install the HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

After following your most recent instructions, the outcome hasn't changed. 

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@dt_truck11

Appreciate all your time and efforts for further assistance, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe and the installation should begin.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem as the OP. The M1217nfw printer works fine with an older version of W10 Home (v1803). However I am unable to get it working properly on my new W10 Enterprise (v1809). On the new W10 v1809 I am able to manually install the drivers by browsing to this folder on my PC:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hpm1210.inf_amd64_55cf96b3893cb6ca

However, once I install the drivers they cause various errors: "Function Address 0x80072c5c caused a protection fault. Some or all property pages may not be displayed."

I have the printer partially working using a generic Microsoft print driver, but have lost some key features, since this driver is not as fully featured as the HP one. Per this page the full HP driver should work with Windows 10:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04658195#Install_driver_from_HP_website

Can you please help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.