Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp laserJet 5000dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having trouble printing from my pc after windows 10 was installed.  I figure it is a software problem.  It does print however it has problems such as printing from pdf where it reads PCL XL error.  Also, it will sometimes print display unexpected paper size.  Often this occurs on the second page after the first page has printed properly.  If I hit go, it will sometimes print the same first page.  If I hit cancel, it will sometimes print the second page.  I figure I should update the driver.  The printer is on a network.  Windows 10 installer can not find the printer attempting to install new printer.  I tried installing manually.  It ask the question of which port.  I quesss the port is thw wifi signal, however that is not on the list.  When I select another port, I access the list which includes hp LaserJet 5000 series PCL5 and LaserJet 5000 series PCL6.  However, the port I specified is obviously not correct.  I supposedly installed.  The screen claims success.  However, the print page could not be read by the printer, likely because the port specified was incorrect. 

This is a great printer.  I am sure this is a software problem.  Can this elder printer be installed on windows 10?  I am getting prints.  However, it is not running properly. 

Please help. 

Thanks.

Eli

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.